Venice Photo Walk: FAQs
- Classic 3 h Venice Photo Walk Tour : The price is €240 for 3h. 4 people (with or without camera) – More than 4 people?? Extra persons, up to a maximum of 6 in total €40 per person
- Classic 6h Venice Photo Walk Tour : €420 for 6h. 4 people (with or without camera) – More than 4people?? Extra persons, up to a maximum of 6 in total € 80 per person
- 2h Photo Tour : The price is €160 for 2h and 2people.
- Add on Portrait Session (adds on to one of our Photo Walks) The Price is €150 and you will receive approximately 15 edited images
- Venice Passport 45min Photo session in Venice to bring back home perfect memories of you and your loved ones from one of the most beautiful places in the world. Two locations, aprox 10 images) €200
- Venice Visitor 1h 30min Photo session in Venice to bring back home perfect memories of you and your loved ones from one of the most beautiful places in the world. Few locations, aprox 20 images) €300
- The Classic Venice 30 min Gondola Ride plus a 1h 30min Walk , ideal for a couple or a family. The price is€450 Multiple Locations You will receive about 30 edited images. Includes Gondola
- Venice Connoisseur 30 min Gondola Ride plus a 2h Walk , ideal for a couple or a family. The price is€550Multiple Locations You will receive about 50 edited images. Includes Gondola
- Add on Gondola Portrait Session (add on to one of our Photo Walks) The Price is €230 for for 30 min Gondola Ride 2 people or 2 adults + 2 Teens You will receive about 15 pictures (Gondola hire included).
Few things to keep in mind before your scheduled tour:
- Tours do not start and end in the same location.
- Price is strictly for 2 people (with the exception of 2 adults and 2 kids) it is irrespective of the fact that there is one person with camera and other xx just tagging along!!
- I may be able to pick you up at your hotel or apartment, if you are staying in the City Centre (Centro Storico)
- Tours run rain or shine (you can get some great photos in the rain!) but it is possible to cancel for weather conditions and get a full refund
- We reserve the right to cancel at any time. If we need to cancel, we will notify you as soon as possible, and you will be refunded your payment. We are not responsible or liable for any damages you may suffer because of cancellation, and your sole recourse is refund of your payment.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Below are some of our most frequently asked questions:
- »Do I have to purchase pay in advance?
- Yes, you can book in advance with a deposit that is fully refundable as long as cancellation arrives 2 days before the photo walk is due to take place. In case of rain or bad weather you can cancel on the same day. This is the only way to secure your booking. Full payment is due before the tour takes place. You can pay by Paypal using a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. We will issue a Paypal Invoice the day before the Tour. You can pay by cash on the day but only and exclusively in Euro €. I am not a tour guide etc so it makes life easier for me and my accountancy. Another issue that I have been faced is that sometime a limit on the cash that can be taken by day/week by ATM machine is rolled over and it is very embarrassing for the client and for me when the withdrawal is refused. I have to issue an invoice, chase the payment (sometime) all things I do not like to do.
- »Why do I have to pay a deposit ?
- I do not like it either but this is the situation: my main work is being an Editorial and News Photographer, when I take a Photo Walk Booking (My agencies are informed) and I take a day off. I can accommodate only 10% of the Photo Walk requests I get. It has happened before (without a deposit) that the people that booked me changed idea/plans without telling me. So I disappointed someone else turning down his/her request, and I end up having taken a day off and having nothing to do. On few occasions I have waited for an hour or more and then nobody turned up. I do not mind cancellation up to 2 days before and the deposit will be fully refunded.
- »Can I pay in cash? My Euro Rate is xxx Why is your different?
- Sure you can BUT only and exclusively in Euro €. I am afraid but cannot accept any foreign currency. I have NO credit Card facility. The price of the tour converted in Euro is stated on the tour pages. My rate is very similar to the exchange rate but is the rate I am charged by my Bank. The other option is to pay by Paypal before the tour starts.
- »Can I pay after the tour by Credit Card, Cash, Cheque, Paypal…etc etc etc ?
- I apologize but it is far too complicated for me. I am a full time photographer not a tour operator and I do not have a back end admin set up to follow up on payments.
- »Why has my Tour been cancelled?
- If we do not hold a Paypal refundable deposit AND we do not hear from you 48h before the tours begin we automatically cancel the tour on the assumption you have changed your mind. Please be aware that we will try to remind you the Paypal Deposit but it is your duty to make sure we receive it and the booking formally in place!
- »What about taking children on the tour?
- The tour is best suited for children ages 10 and above. But I had some great time with young kids! Keep in mind they can get tired after an hour or so of walking, especially if jet lagged!
- »How long is the tour?
- The tour is approximately 3 or 6 hours long and covers an area of a 2 or 3 miles. Venice is 1/4 of Manhattan or can fit in Hyde Park. The tour is leisurely paced but we will be on our feet for most of the tour and there are many bridges and steps in Venice. There are benches at a couple of the locations that we visit if you wish to rest a bit.
- »What is the best group size?
- My Tours are one-to-one and only your guests will take part. I suggest you keep the number to a max of four. I do as well Corporate tours
- »I have chosen the Portrait option how many pictures will I receive? I want to get all the RAW files.
- If you have chosen the 3h Photo Walk Portrait option you will get about 8 edited images. If you have chosen the Gondola Ride Photo Walk you will receive 20-25 edited images. Please be aware you will receive only jpg files and not RAW (Do not even ask for them!!) and only and simply my personal selection of (the one I strongly believe are) the best shots, you will never receive all the takings. I may take on a 3h session about 200+ images but I will send only the small selection of the best shot…I do an extensive culling! Be aware is not a full portrait session with lights, reflectors, etc. etc . On request you can have a free gallery for one year.
- »What happens if it rains or snows?
- I do go out in all types of weather and in fact you can get some great photos in inclement weather. In the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions, the tour will be canceled for safety reasons and you will be allowed to reschedule to another day and time or receive full refund.
- »What will be the photographic subjects?
- Camera and Exposure: Camera Settings, Automatic, Semi Auto and Manual Mode, Speed and Aperture Priority, Light Metering
Composition: Cropping, Perspectives, Rules of Thirds, Lens Choice, Depth of Field (DoF),
Creativity: Editorial or Fine Art? Choice of Subjects, Point of Views, Street Photography, Improve your Creativity
Light Situations: Available Light, Photography at Sunrise/Sunset and Golden Hours (If you need a Tripod just ask me)
- »Do I have to have a camera to join the tour?
- No. In addition to the historic and curiosity commentary, there is ample time to explore the areas of interest on your own and see things in greater detail and many people enjoy doing so without a camera.
- »Is the price still the same if I don’t have a camera?
- Yes, You could use a disposable camera or a cell phone camera as both of these will still allow you to expand your creative vision.
- »What should I bring with me on the tour?
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and clothes that allow you to move freely. If it is hot you may want to consider bringing a hat and water. If it is raining please bring a rain jacket and umbrella and perhaps a plastic bag to protect your camera. If it is cold you may want to bring very thin gloves – thin are best for manipulating your camera. You may also want to bring spare batteries or an extra memory card.
- »Do I need to bring a tripod?
- You may wish to bring a tripod if you are interested in doing some shots involving motion blur or if you particularly like shooting with a tripod; however, the vast majority of participants do not bring a tripod.
- »What kind of camera should I bring on the tour?
- You can bring any type of camera on the tour and even a simple disposable camera or two will work. The tour provides a hands-on learning experience for participants to explore Venice visually and to expand the ways in which they think creatively. Many people have also enjoyed the tour without a camera, simply enjoying the historical commentary and having a bit of extra time to look around an area.
- »What if I have little experience with photography and/or my camera?
- The tours are designed for participants of all skill levels. The tours provide an opportunity for both experienced and novice photographers alike to expand their creative vision. If you wish to learn more about your particular camera, there will be plenty of time for you to ask questions along the way. If you are not very familiar with your camera’s functions, it is often helpful if you bring along the manual but not necessary.
- »Are there restrooms along the tour route?
- There are no official restroom stops on the tour. Please make sure to use the restroom before the tour begins. Of course in the event of an emergency, we will do our best to try to accommodate you.
- »Can I stop to buy food or beverages along the way?
- There are a few shops and stores along the way that you may purchase food or beverages at if you wish.
- »Do I need to have a Travel Card or Waterbus ticket?
- No it is not necessary, my tours (except Burano) can be completed by walking, but if you have one let me know we may be able to explore different areas.